Sunday, December 18, 2016

Be Something for Yourself

Be something for yourself, they say
...When we need people.

We were born this way
NEEDING PEOPLE.

They tame us and encourage us and give us a reason to be
A conversation is worth a thousand meditations
In the ancient misery of the shut-in mind
What would it matter without others?

No scientific theory or bestseller means anything
Without people to take it up in their quiet hours alone
We need to be torn apart sometimes
Remade in the image of progress.
Carved from the stone of our daily expressions.

Nothing is enough for itself.
We are Osiris scattered to the far corners of the Earth
And it is communion that finds us and makes us whole
We are one priceless, divided soul

I'll never be enough for myself.

I'll pine and love and dream and rage
I'll threaten death in silent pain upon the page
But at the end of the day,
It's worth it to be shaken to my core
So long as I've got people to do it for


No comments:

Post a Comment